Information Cloud firm Snowflake has concluded its fourth-annual Snowflake Summit convention, with practically 9,000 in-person attendees and greater than 11,500 registered to observe the digital occasion, stay in Las Vegas, Nevada in June.
Snowflake Summit 2022 is Snowflake’s largest in-person convention to-date, bringing prospects, companions, technical consultants, and executives collectively to discover the facility of the Information Cloud. The four-day convention featured 4 marquee keynote addresses, 275+ whole periods spanning 10 completely different session tracks, 200+ ecosystem companions, 100+ buyer audio system, 28 hands-on labs, an abundance of SnowPro™ certifications achieved by convention goers, and extra.
Snowflake chairman and CEO, Frank Slootman, and Snowflake co-founder and president of merchandise, Benoit Dageville, kicked off the occasion with seven key innovation pillars that place Snowflake on the forefront of expertise and information innovation. A key theme all through was that Snowflake first massively remodeled analytics, then collaboration, and now utility growth with the Information Cloud.
Snowflake SVP of merchandise, Christian Kleinerman, then revealed throughout his keynote deal with expanded capabilities and product improvements that advance the Information Cloud:
● Unistore Workload: Snowflake’s transformative Unistore workload, presently in personal preview, will unlock new transactional use instances, and ship a contemporary method to working with transactional and analytical information collectively in a single platform.
● Native Software Framework: Snowflake’s Native Software Framework, presently in personal preview, empowers builders to rapidly and simply construct, monetise, and deploy data-intensive purposes within the Information Cloud.
● Cybersecurity Workload: Snowflake’s new Cybersecurity workload offers a unified, safe, and scalable information platform for serving to safety groups eradicate blind spots and reply to threats at cloud-scale.
● Information Programmability Updates: Snowflake’s information programmability enhancements, together with Snowpark for Python, presently in public preview, and a local integration with Streamlit, presently in growth, make Python’s wealthy ecosystem of open-source packages and libraries accessible for information scientists, information engineers, and utility builders to streamline growth, and construct and share interactive purposes.
● Expanded Information Entry: Snowflake’s new improvements improve information entry with enhancements for working with streaming information by means of Snowpipe Streaming, presently in personal preview, and Materialised Tables, presently in growth, alongside making information saved in open codecs and on-premises out there within the Information Cloud with Iceberg Tables, presently in growth, and Exterior Tables for On-Premises Storage, presently in personal preview.
● Snowflake Market Developments: Snowflake Market now goes past simply information, increasing to supply purposes that run natively within the Information Cloud so prospects can get worth sooner, enhance safety and governance, and entry cutting-edge applied sciences for prolonged collaboration efforts, whereas suppliers can attain extra prospects and use built-in monetisation by means of Snowflake’s Market.
Greater than 100 buyer periods from organisations like Capital One, Geico, Novartis, Warner Bros. Discovery, and extra shared finest practices and methods for driving data-driven outcomes. Moreover, AT&T was named the 2022 Information Drivers Awards winner for North America, the premier information awards that honour Snowflake prospects main their organisations and reimagining what’s attainable with the Information Cloud.
Snowflake’s expansive associate ecosystem shared 80+ bulletins round Snowflake Summit. Moreover, Snowflake shared document progress in its Powered by Snowflake program, with 425 companions, and over 165 Snowflake Market companions (as of April 30, 2022). Snowflake additionally launched a brand new Snowflake Companion Community (SPN) Competency program, enabling companions to additional validate and differentiate their Snowflake vertical experience to prospects, the Snowflake discipline groups, and the general Information Cloud ecosystem.
Snowflake Summit additionally recognised early-stage firms which can be leveraging Snowflake to construct revolutionary purposes and merchandise within the 2022 Snowflake Startup Problem. A whole bunch of organisations entered the Startup Problem to compete for an opportunity to win as much as $1 million in funding from Snowflake Ventures, with Snowflake CMO, Denise Persson and Dageville asserting the winners stay on-stage on June 16. A panel of Sequoia Capital, Snowflake executives, and Snowflake board members chosen Houseware as the last word winner. Snowflake Ventures additionally introduced current investments in Domino Information Lab, Immuta, and Matillion.
Snowflake additional doubled down on its primary worth ‘put prospects first,’ by unveiling the most recent findings from its 2022 Buyer Expertise Survey at Snowflake Summit. The annual survey, performed June 2022 and produced in partnership with Walker, assessed over 6,000 Snowflake prospects throughout greater than 50 nations to offer Snowflake with a Internet Promoter (NPS) Rating. This 12 months’s NPS Rating of 72 is greater than 3 times the business common of 19, primarily based on the Qualtrics 2021 NPS Trade Benchmarking Report, and demonstrates Snowflake’s continued dedication to customer-centricity.
Denise Persson, CMO at Snowflake, stated: “Snowflake Summit 2022 was all concerning the ‘World of Information Collaboration,’ and the vitality, bulletins, and attendance on the occasion was unimaginable to witness.
“Yearly Snowflake Summit raises the bar, and this 12 months was no exception with information leaders from across the globe coming collectively to share, be taught, collaborate, and discover new methods to drive companies ahead with the Information Cloud.”