Is Zenhub the very best challenge administration platform to your software program growth workforce? Maintain studying to seek out out, as we are going to focus on its options, pricing, and execs and cons that can assist you make the proper PM software program choice to your wants.
What Is Zenhub?
Zenhub is a challenge administration answer for software program growth groups that use GitHub. By its big selection of options that assist builders focus and speed up their work velocity, Zenhub claims it has been capable of enhance workforce productiveness by 75 p.c. Listed below are some stats taken from the software program’s house web page that show simply how highly effective this challenge administration answer may be:
- 93 p.c of Zenhub customers say the software program helps their workforce prioritize duties to allow them to concentrate on what must be executed.
- 92 p.c say Zenhub reduces the time must replace challenge progress, giving them extra time to code.
- 97 p.c of Zenhub customers say the PM software program assures them that challenge progress is correct and up-to-date.
- By utilizing Zenhub, customers declare they’ve an additional 2.5 hours per week to work on important duties like coding.
- As soon as Zenhub was put in, many devs stated they dramatically decreased their time spent outdoors of GitHub.
Zenhub was launched in 2014 by a software program growth workforce that sought to do the next:
- Keep productive and targeted.
- Maintain a challenge’s standing up-to-date.
- Make vital enterprise selections based mostly on well timed and correct information.
As a substitute of taking software program groups out of GitHub, Zenhub introduced challenge administration to it so they might get pleasure from the very best of each worlds. By injecting the Zenhub UI into GitHub through a browser extension, Zenhub’s creators discovered that groups might be rather more productive whereas decreasing context switching and growing challenge standing accuracy. Context switching has the potential to be one of many largest threats to developer productiveness. At any time when one thing like a third-party challenge administration device drags a developer away from their code, that distraction may be expensive. With Zenhub, challenge administration and code come collectively, making context switching practically nonexistent.
As soon as challenge administration was introduced nearer to the code, Zenhub added additional bells and whistles to spice up dev workforce productiveness much more, similar to personalized workspaces, organizational constructions like Epics, strong reporting, Kanban boards, and extra.
You’ll be able to be taught extra in regards to the position of Kanban boards in our tutorial: Kanban for Challenge Managers and Builders.
Who Ought to Use Zenhub?
As talked about, Zenhub was created for groups that use GitHub. Extra particularly, it was created for groups each huge and small that use the Agile methodology. Whether or not a software program developer, challenge supervisor, product proprietor, information scientist, and many others., Zenhub has many options that may make it easier to collaborate with different workforce members to rapidly launch high-quality merchandise.
What Zenhub’s Options?
How can Zenhub enhance your workforce’s productiveness and provides them extra time to code? By placing the next options at your fingertips.
If you would like full transparency throughout growth, Zenhub’s Kanban boards will provide you with simply that. Use them to trace tasks, prioritize duties, connect pull requests to corresponding points, filter by labels, and many others. And for enhanced planning and monitoring, group numerous points right into a single epic. With drag-and-drop performance, utilizing these boards is a breeze, as is getting real-time insights into the place your workforce could also be struggling.
Certainly one of Zenhub’s largest execs is the flexibleness it gives via its personalized workspaces. Groups can design their distinctive workflows with out interrupting others.
Because of Zenhub sprints, you’ll be able to automate your workforce’s dash planning course of to lower the time spent in conferences. This set it and overlook it characteristic allows you to create a schedule the place your subsequent three sprints will all the time be deliberate routinely. If there are any incomplete points, they are going to be noticed routinely and moved to the subsequent dash. With burndown and velocity charts, you’ll be able to monitor particular person and a number of sprints. And if you’d like your sprints to turn out to be extra predictable, you need to use Zenhub’s Planning Poker characteristic.
Zenhub’s major integration is with GitHub. Use the Zenhub Chrome or Firefox extension, and you will note its tab on the high of the GitHub UI between Pull Requests and Initiatives. Use the devoted internet app, and you may get your whole important GitHub information pulled into Zenhub’s interface. Briefly, Zenhub transforms GitHub right into a potent platform for Agile challenge administration.
Zenhub additionally integrates with Slack to spice up workforce collaboration. In case your workforce integrates Zenhub with Slack, everybody can keep up to date on vital GitHub happenings in real-time on any machine.
A technique Zenhub provides devs extra time to code is thru its workflow automation characteristic. You’ll be able to automate on a regular basis duties to remain targeted on what’s necessary. As soon as GitHub points are up to date and accomplished, this characteristic will routinely sync your challenge. As a substitute of doing it manually, let Zenhub take away standing check-ins, tedious duties, bottlenecks, and many others. Automate hand-offs, and you may keep away from timing bottlenecks and delays. Automate as a lot as potential through Zenhub, and you may as well eradicate extreme conferences that take time away from coding.
Zenhub’s Workflow Automation routinely syncs your challenge as GitHub points are up to date and accomplished. Take away bottlenecks, tedious duties, and extreme standing check-ins.
By combining GitHub with Zenhub, dev groups can get highly-accurate insights into what’s going on of their workflows. There isn’t a have to depend on third-party instruments to see the place a challenge stands, as Zenhub will do it for you utilizing stay GitHub information. Use Zenhub’s strong reporting options, and you may pinpoint workflow bottlenecks that may typically disguise in plain sight. Zenhub gives Kanban reporting, cumulative stream diagrams, launch experiences, management level charts, burndown charts, velocity monitoring, and extra.
How A lot Does Zenhub Price?
Concerning pricing, Zenhub retains it somewhat easy. You might have three choices to select from, with the primary being the Free plan that’s geared towards people or tutorial or open-source groups which might be getting their toes moist. The Free plan gives full entry to all of Zenhub’s options and features, which is good news if you wish to use the software program and have a minimal finances.
The Progress plan prices $10 per consumer per thirty days and is right for groups in search of superior collaboration options and assist. Just like the Free plan, Progress provides you entry to all of Zenhub’s options and functionalities. However, since you’re paying extra, you get the bonus of limitless non-public repositories.
The ultimate Zenhub pricing plan is the Enterprise. You’ll need to contact Zenhub’s gross sales workforce to find its value. It gives all the things the Progress plan has, plus the choice to host it on-premise or within the cloud. You additionally get precedence assist through a devoted buyer success supervisor.
Zenhub Execs And Cons
Is Zenhub the right challenge administration software program? No, however you may be hard-pressed to seek out such a flawless answer anyplace. Fortunately, Zenhub’s execs outweigh the cons.
Zenhub gives the next execs to software program growth groups:
- Flexibility – No two groups work the identical, and Zenhub saved this in thoughts when creating its software program that provides personalized workspaces. Groups can create particular person boards that signify their distinctive workflow with out feeling restricted to one thing that doesn’t match their wants, types, or duties. Past customizable workspaces, Zenhub gives added flexibility via its internet app and browser extension, supplying you with two handy methods to make use of the software program. And you may as well deploy the software program on-premise or within the cloud.
- Save time – By considerably decreasing context switching and fusing challenge administration with GitHub, your dev workforce can save a ton of time and make investments extra effort and focus into coding versus pointless duties.
- A completely-loaded Free plan – Groups with restricted budgets or people seeking to get their toes moist with out funding can accomplish that with Zenhub’s Free plan that provides the entire software program’s options and functionalities.
- Works seamlessly with GitHub – Some devs declare that Zenhub flows so nicely with GitHub that they overlook the 2 are totally different merchandise.
Beneath you’ll find a few of Zenhub’s cons:
- Sluggishness – Relying on the scale of your boards, you possibly can generally expertise some sluggish efficiency.
- Assist might be missing – Until you’ve got an Enterprise plan, you possibly can really feel annoyed by the gradual assist from the Zenhub workforce.